Jul 12, 2013

black wall - ditch or dare?

Oh, no mistake, I am a white wall person, calico and linen natural shades devotee, washed out timber floor dreamer, and sun kissed, light filled rooms native. Recently though I seem to crave the drama of a jet black wall...and I'm not talking about ever present chalkboard kind, popping everywhere like mushrooms (cute, but becoming too much of a standard, which for me means look elsewhere).
I have been adventurous about my walls since I was able to hold a paintbrush. I was drawing, painting and stenciling on walls, I had pure white walls, cream and yellow walls, lime, mint and teal walls, even a dark purple wall with a large antique golden frame mirror, which looked eye popping. But I never had a black wall.
My black wall would have good natural light and preferably high ceiling for the full impact. And on it, a large hanging print, painting, photograph, hand painted wall plate, an antique sword or a Cameroon hat. Some white or organic looking furniture against it. And a lot of empty black space. I'm a minimalist at heart. Unfortunately at the moment I don't have a suitable wall to try out these ideas, but maybe you do? What would you do to your black wall?
Here's some I really like:












                              the above white against black contrast photos via digsdigs.com





                       this via apartmenttherapy.com





                         highly tactile wallpaper, I feel like patting it... that yellow flower on the wall...
                         via at home arkansas




                          art objects pop out against the black...via Vogue Living Australia




 
                    how cool is this? black wall with a twist via emmas.blogg.se




                              drama of a gilded frame mirror - I'm convinced it will be kinder to your image...via Fresh Home




                             organic against black does pack the punch too!
                             via materiadesigns.wordpress.com   


              

No comments:

Post a Comment